In an attempt to increasing the capacity of Black Canadian Youths, we bring Pursue Entrepreneurship to Alberta. The goal is to empower, train, coach Black youth from Grade 9 to 12 on the concept of business, help them define and craft their business idea based on the Business Model Canvas, and to give them an opportunity to present their idea at a Pitch competition where they can test their business plan on how viable and acceptable it is to the judges.
POWERED BY HSBC IN PARTNERSHIP WITH DIVERSITY INSTITUTE AND DE SEDULOUS WOMEN LEADERS
The program’s goal is to mitigate barriers to and strengthen entrepreneurship as an economic pathway for the Black youth community. The project is premised on four pillars and aims to achieve the following:
- To supports youths in building the core competencies of developing and growing a viable business;
- Improve the employability of the Black youth in Canada through entrepreneurship training, mentoring, networking, financial planning, branding and brand strategy concepts, and leadership skills;
- To introduce youth entrepreneurs to the fundamental concepts and tools needed to start and grow a successful business;
- Helping youth to focus on identifying the strengths and challenges of a business venture, and cultivating knowledge, skills, and tools to develop a business concept.
- Pitch their small business for a chance to win up to $10,000 in prizes
NEW COHORT IS OPEN FOR REGISTRATION!!!
Registration starts July 29th and ends midnight (MST) on August 18th, 2022
For this Cohort, registration is ONLY OPEN to Grade 9 to 12 Black youth in Alberta.
Schedule for this new cohort masterclass will be posted soon